Sunday 5 June 2011

Should I take the battery out when not using my laptop for a long time?

I%26#039;ve searched the Internet a lot for this but most articles are about how to preserve the life of the main battery. I am not using my laptop for several months at a time. Should I keep the main battery in the laptop during this time?


I%26#039;ve been keeping the battery out but then I heard that this causes the laptop%26#039;s CMOS battery to drain faster to preserve the BIOS settings and system time. The CMOS battery is difficult to change in my laptop, a Dell Vostro 1310. So to avoid changing that, is it better to keep the main battery in?


Thanks|||Definitely no.





It goes like this. When you buy your computer, the battery is intact from the manufacturer.





They never did separate the battery from the unit. Because it has no harm effects on your unit.





It%26#039;s not like the Double A batteries that %26quot;leak%26quot; when you didn%26#039;t use for a long time.|||No, i would advise you not to because it can damage. Take it out it might be dusty or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment