Sunday 5 June 2011

How do I change the CMOS battery on an ACER 730 laptop?

My main computer went in the shop and my wife broke out her old Acer to do some work. Unfortunately, the computer says the CMOS battery is dead. A replacement battery is about $6 but I could not see where it goes. Anybody know? Due to the age of it, I am not keen on paying some guy $$ to replace a $6 battery on a 10 yr old laptop.





Thanks.|||If you know the price of the battery, then i am guessing that you have the battery. I am not familiar with the motherboard on an acer but it will be on the motherboard, and you must remove the case to get to it. The battery should just be a small, flat battery. Look for this and simply lift it out, and put the new one in. then assemble the laptop back.|||Why bother replacing it if you are getting your main PC back in a few days. The laptop will still run without the battery...just any changes to make to the CMOS will not be saved.





If you weant to change it, just take it apart. There are no little access doors, you have have the take the entire thing apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment