Sunday 5 June 2011

How do I check if I need to replace my CMOS battery?

I have a Dell Dimension 8300, Windows XP. I%26#039;ve been getting a message when my pc boots that %26#039;battery voltage is low%26#039;. I know it means to change the battery and then replace BIOS information. However, I haven%26#039;t had any trouble at all. My time and date settings haven%26#039;t changed and the computer hasn%26#039;t crashed or frozen. How can I check the battery to make sure this isn%26#039;t just a false message? When I start the computer it gives me two options: F1 to continue and F2 to look at system settings (or something similar). Where do I go to check this?|||You can take the CMOS battery out and check it for voltage. No other way to check it.





Warning is legit. You are about to lose the battery. Write your BIOS info down and go get another battery.


~|||It would be a lot easier just to change the battery.


They are very cheap and easy to replace.|||If you%26#039;re getting the message, it%26#039;s time to change the battery. The next indication you%26#039;ll get is when you do lose your time and date settings. This is your wake-up call.





Hope that helps.|||the only way to check is to check the voltage manually but the messages do tend to be quite accurate the usually will start playing up 2 to 8 weeks after getting that message so i would suggest replacing it as they are not expensive hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment