Sunday 5 June 2011

How do I replace cmos battery in shuttle SN41G computer?

I have a Shuttle SN41G computer (motherboard Shuttle FN41v20). Whenever it is plugged out it loses all the time and Bios settings. I%26#039;m assuming its the cmos battery but I%26#039;m not sure how to change it and whether I should change any settings or be careful about anything in particular when I do.





Can anyone tell me how to change the battery, model of new battery to get and anything that I should be careful about when changing it. Many thanks in advance.|||Open your case and locate the CMOS battery it should be a very small metalic quarter looking object. make sure you computer is unpluged and off! gently op out the battery and record the numbers of the batter on a piece of paper, that is the tpe of battery you will need, im sure you can find another one at a %26quot;battery pluss%26quot; or a %26quot;wallmart%26quot; if all else fails order a new one offline.|||it might be soldered on too, I was always told that if the cmos goes bad, you have to replace the whole motherboard. But I dunno, maybe that%26#039;s wrong.





Good luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment