Sunday 5 June 2011

How to change the CMOS battery for a Sony Laptop?

I have a Sony Vaio laptop model VGN-S380P and I was wondering how to remove the CMOS battery within it. I can%26#039;t contact sony again, they will just tell me to get it serviced. I hope someone has the answer for me ^_^|||The battery in several sony%26#039;s I%26#039;ve had to service is under the speaker/power switch section above the keyboard. You will see a screw, possibly next to the memory card slot, top left side. Unscrew the single screw, and CAREFULLY slide the top piece over then lift up to remove...but be CAREFUL because there are 2 flat ribbon cables attached to connect the piece to the motherboard. On 3 different sony systems the battery has been under this section. They are ridiculously expensive, so look for a generic replacement or be prepared to fork out at least $25 for a tiny battery or more!.|||What about replacing the CMOS battery in a Sony PCG-GRV680 I would and still may ask in a separate question but since a tech that may be with sony has already responded I%26#039;m hoping they%26#039;ll be more likely to see this one too.





Thanks. I%26#039;m headed to Sony%26#039;s site but my notebook didn%26#039;t have a manual!|||That information should be in the user%26#039;s manual for your VGN-S380P laptop. If you don%26#039;t have the manual, you can download it from Sony. (I%26#039;ve attched the links.)





Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment