Sunday 5 June 2011

My computer runs very slow and its clock is behind?

My computer runs very slow and its clock is behind?


Hi all Just a few days ago I sent a question here asking how I could get a free software antivirus to replace one(McAfee) I had on my computer(Dell Inspiron 1501 Windows Vista) before which was about to expire. I installed both Avast Home Edition and PC tools Firewall on my computer. But my computer started running slower than before and although I have made all I know to set its clock on time now after a week it is already 2 minutes behind the actual time. What is the purpose of an antivirus/firewall software if it makes you computer run at snail%26#039;s pace every time you tun your computer on? Even while I am typing this text at times the pointer disappears and I can%26#039;t not longer see the chararacters on the screen. When I click on an item( weblink a window or icon) it takes a long time for the action to be performed. As for the clock I have tried almost everything I was told to: I have sent the computer back to Dell and they changed the CMOS battery, after I spent hours on the phone with their skillfull and kind technicians to fix that problem I have connected to a time server, I have set manually my computer on time from the toolbar etc. Still, the computer runs behind everytime I switch it off and turn it on later. In response to my previous question someone told me I might be infected by a malware, but how could I know which one it is and get rid of that without having to format my hard disk. Many thanks to all beforehand|||Everyone knows that Windows computers can sometimes slow down over time. While not an exhaustive list of solutions to problems, this collection presents some ways to speed up a computer.





1. De-Fragmenting


Over time, the data on your hard drive gets scattered. Defragmenting your hard drive puts your data back into sequential order, making it easier for Windows to access it. As a result, the performance of your computer will improve.


a) Right click of C Disk.


b) Click properties.


c) Click tools tab.


d) Click %26quot;Defragment now%26quot;.


e) Click Defragment.





2. Uninstall Unneeded Programs


Removing programs that you no longer use can free up space on your computer and speed up your system%26#039;s performance. However, you need to uninstall the programs properly to see much improvement; deleting them is not enough.





3. Stop Programs from starting on Windows boot


One way you can speed up your computer is to prevent programs from launching themselves at start-up. Not only do the unwanted programs delay the start of Windows, they also continue to slow down your computer since they use system resources.


a) Open your Start menu.


b) Click Run


c) In the command screen type %26quot;msconfig.exe%26quot;


d) In the %26quot;system configuration utility%26quot;, click either %26quot;service%26quot; or %26quot;startup%26quot; tab


e) Uncheck all programs that you are no longer using.


f) Click %26quot;OK%26quot;





4. Check for Spyware and Adware


Spyware is software that allows companies to monitor what websites you visit or even access your computer. Adware is software that displays advertisements. Both use system resources and slow your computer down. Detecting and removing the programs will improve system performance.


Get the best one from: http://toptenantispywareviews.com to scan your pc





5. Clean your Registry


Microsoft Registry Problems = Slow Computer!


Use the tool: http://downloadlk.com/themosteffectivere鈥?/a>


Learn more information %26quot;why is my computer running so slow%26quot;: http://downloadlk.com/WhyIsMyComputerSlo鈥?/a>|||why not use Registry Easy


my problem have been solved


it easy to use


http://www.keep-pc-clean.com/|||I would check how much memory you have in the computer. If you have less than 2 GIG you need to upgrade. It%26#039;s true, virus scanners do slow down a computer. They should not slow it down to where it stops. Because the computer does not keep good time signals it is working overtime doing something. I would download spybot search and destroy to check for viruses. I would also defrag the hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment