Sunday 5 June 2011

The clock of my laptop is behind actual time?

Hi all,


I have been experiencing that issue for a long time now. I bought my computer( a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista as Operating System) a bit more than a year ago. I called the Dell Support Team several times and through the phone I followed all the instructions I was being told, but the problem remained. Since my laptop was still under guarantee I sent it back to Dell and they changed the CMOS battery and allegedly made all the necessary verifications according to the checklist they sent me back along with the laptop. Still, after that I encountered the same issue. I called once more and they fixed the problem. Everything went well for a few days as usual. But thereafter theproblem occured again until now. I am tired to call Dell and spent lenghty minutes on my cell phone for the same issue. Can someone tell me how to fix that once and for all?


P.S My laptop clock is behind for about 14 minutes. The CMOs has been changed|||hmmm maybe you could %26#039;adjust time/date settings%26#039; in the toolbar? have you tried that before?|||Your PC is infected with malware, and this is EXACTLY what is changing you clock settings.





TIP: Do a Vista Recovery, as explained in the Dell User Manual. It will 100% cure the problem, until the next time your PC gets infected. BTW, I%26#039;ll bet Dell tech support told you this already!!!|||Look for free atomic clock sites and chose one that gives you the choice to update automatically your system clock, for example, whenever you go on the web. There is such one but cannot remember the site to tell you now. There other atomic clock sites that connect automatically when you go on the web and you simply have to click %26quot;update%26quot; manually.


[PS: you do not say how long it takes for your system clock to lose 14 mins]|||I know this has nothing to do with it but dell aint the best company to deal with on some issues

No comments:

Post a Comment